Good book to read for newbie home brewer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharp

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good book that I could read for brewing beer? I have recently started this hobby and I have a lot to learn. Thanks in advance!:mug::tank:

How to Brew is sort of the classic. The online version is free but a bit out of date, I recommend the more recent print version.

Yep - How to Brew - John Palmer is the best (In my opinion) beginner/intermediate book on the market right now. It is the one book I always recommend to those starting out.

Yep, as they said, How To Brew is the standard.
IMO another important one is The Complete Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazian.
HTB is more scientific; more about numbers and why something is happening, CJoH is more of a feel vibe. Papzian's mantra is, "relax, don't worry, have a homebrew." and that is a good theory to have. Unless you completely mess up, it's very hard not to end up with beer. It may not be an award winning one, but it will be beer.

Yeah. John Palmer is the man. His clunky website is still better than any NEW book that I have read.

Otherwise, find a book by Dave Line. Way out of date, but way better than Papasian. (any addition)

Cheers.
--Adam Selene

Back