Golden naked Oats in IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keebaw

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has put this into an IPA. I tried to with Deathbrewers partial mash technique (15% of grain bill). It was a one gallon batch and I am currently just messing around trying things until I get my kitchen process all figured out. I had some low water issues and after adding some boiled water I thought I fixed the brew. I pitched dry yeast but they still haven't taken off after a few days. So, I think the batch might be toast. No biggie it was only 1 gallon. I plan on doing the same batch with liquid yeast and adjusting my water amounts and then storing the washed yeast cake at the end.

Anyway, like I said. I am just experimenting while I get my process down and am curious if anyone has used Golden Naked Oats in an IPA. Or has any tips for me about using them, like should I do a protein rest on them? If so, separately from my other grains?

I used golden naked oats in an APA recipe. I think it was 8 ounces. I loved the results!

I did it as a single infusion mash at about 153. No protein rest or step mash at all.

I used golden naked oats in an APA recipe. I think it was 8 ounces. I loved the results!

I did it as a single infusion mash at about 153. No protein rest or step mash at all.

What flavor did it present in the APA? I would be interested in giving this a go. Seems interesting. Also, do you know what percentage 8oz got you in relation to the rest of the recipe?

Back