Going to Harrisburg, Carlisle Pa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSand

Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I see that there are a few breweries in Harrisburg, they all review pretty well. For those who have been there, what do you suggest. I love IPAs, Pale Ales, good Lagers. I'm not too fond of sours, fruit beer, exotics.

I see that there are a few breweries in Harrisburg, they all review pretty well. For those who have been there, what do you suggest. I love IPAs, Pale Ales, good Lagers. I'm not too fond of sours, fruit beer, exotics.

Definitely Pizza Boy / Al's of Hampden in Enola, across the river from Harrisburg. Good beer and food. I like Zeroday Brewing in Harrisburg, too.

Stop by the Troegs brewery in Hershey. You have to reserve a space in advance if you want to take the brewery tour. They have small batch limited run 6-packs in their company store. The also have a tap room where they usually have some of the limited batches on tap. It's great for an afternoon.

Stop by the Troegs brewery in Hershey. You have to reserve a space in advance if you want to take the brewery tour. They have small batch limited run 6-packs in their company store. The also have a tap room where they usually have some of the limited batches on tap. It's great for an afternoon.

Oh yeah....duh....Troegs. Not sure how I forgot about them. Must have been drinking. :)

If you stop at Pizza Boy, Ever Grain Brewing is only about 10 minutes away and they are putting out decent IPAs and DIPAs.

If you haven't gone already, the Molly Pitcher is right in the heart of Carlisle. Solid little place.

+1 for Pizza Boy....huge selection and great pizza (GET THE BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA).

Check out Mellow Mink in nearby Mechanicsburg. They are kind of known for their sours but they also put out some tasty NEIPAs.

Back