Going to Denver Colorado next week. What do you recommend I try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atli126

Reaction score
Edit: Denver, Colorado!

I'm going out with a buddy to pick up a porcshe 911 turbo, staying out a week and hauling ass back home! :rockin:

I know about shake out in boulder, co where else should I try and what should I try to bring home (dunno if my buddy will let me bring much back in his new ride :drunk:

Thanks in advance!

Bret

In Boulder, Avery & Left Hand are pretty solid. In Denver I would recommend Denver Beer Co. They tend to push the limits with their beers and they have a Graham Cracker porter that's pretty solid. I actually brewed up a clone twice now and will probably be posting the recipe after I try my kegged version.

Cheers!

Along the same lines, I'm headed out there at the end of February.

Monday: Land at airport around 12:30 -- would like to hit a brewery [roughly] in between the airport and downtown in the early afternoon. When I say "roughly", I'm okay with a bit of driving, as I'll have a rental car. Someplace with WiFi preferred as I might end up doing some work there.

Monday night: staying near the convention center. Where to go for dinner with a good tap list nearby?

Tuesday night I'll probably end up at Falling Rock, so I'm good there ;-)

Along the same lines, I'm headed out there at the end of February.

Monday: Land at airport around 12:30 -- would like to hit a brewery [roughly] in between the airport and downtown in the early afternoon. When I say "roughly", I'm okay with a bit of driving, as I'll have a rental car. Someplace with WiFi preferred as I might end up doing some work there.

Monday night: staying near the convention center. Where to go for dinner with a good tap list nearby?

Tuesday night I'll probably end up at Falling Rock, so I'm good there ;-)

Downtownish I would go to Denver Beer Co. I dont think they have food (at least they didnt when I was there). Breckenridge is not terrible, not great if you haven't been there. I remember the food being pretty good and the beer menu being not very impressive. The Great Divide wasn't my favorite, but if you like their Yeti, they had like 10 different variations of it on tap. Cool place to go to nonetheless (a bit on the smaller side).

If you make it to Avery in Boulder, they have some sweet potato tots with green chili and pulled pork that are absolutely worth trying. Their beer selection was awesome too. I think the one place I disliked the most was Oskar Blues (Boulder).

That's all I've got. :)

I can second Odell Brewing, they make a perfectly balanced IPA and porter aged in fernet barrels. If you like porters and stouts but don't like how they seem to end up tasting like a chocolate bar or a Starbucks machiatto, their fernet aged porter is for you.

If you get a chance to travel to the Collegiate Peaks area (Chaffee, Gunnison County) try Eddyline Brewing Co. in Buena Vista. I helped open the place back in 2009 and they've really grown up. Their black lager (schwarzbier) actually tastes like a lager rather than a stout. They also source a large portion of their ingredients locally and offer gluten free, wood fired pizzas if you're into that sort of thing. Amicas in Salida is nearby.

In Denver, Strange Craft Beer Co is pretty wild using all sorts of uncommon ingredients. You won't like half of the beers offered at any given time, but the ones you like, you'll love.

Sweet! Thanks guys and gals! We booked our flight out tonight. I'll actually be there from Friday night to Thursday night

Don't miss Hogshead for traditional english ales on cask. They make some of the best beer in Denver and you can't get it bottled.

On the way from the airport to downtown, you have two choices, Caution Brewery, which is off I-70 and Peoria in a hard to find industrial center, and Station 26 Brewing Co, which is off I-70 and Quebec on 38th.

Station 26 opens at 2 pm and Caution opens at 4 pm. Station 26 has food trucks everyday at 4 pm.

Also in the area is Stapleton Tap House which opens at 3 pm M-W. They serve only Colorado brewed beers, mostly from the smaller breweries.

Not too far from Station 26 is Comrade Brewing Co. with their fabulous Superpower IPA.

So we are flying in around 10pm friday night anywhere you all recommend we hit on the way to downtown or in downtown (where my buddy stays)

as others have said, Falling Rock Tap House is perfect when downtown. Ale House at Amato's is good food and beer list. If you want a brewery, downtown there are plenty to choose from if you don't mind food trucks or just eat before hand. Crooked Stave for sour/brett and there are 3 places you can get food in the same building and bring into the brewery. I'd recommend River North Brewery also. Small place, no food, good beer.

Here is a site to help with your planning:
http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/p/denver-area-breweries-map.html

To add to the others you could check out Freshcraft downtown. Order the spud puppies, even if they aren't listed on the menu.

Euclid Hall (downtown) is also good, but a little fancier/pricier.

Hops and Pie outside downtown is good, but be prepared for a long wait.

Star Bar (downtown) is a little dive-y, but can have some good taps/bottles.

Great Divide is a fun brewery. I like it better than Breckenridge. River North, Crooked Stave, Epic, and many others are also nearby.

@bwarbiany check out Station 26

Edit: Denver, Colorado!

I'm going out with a buddy to pick up a porcshe 911 turbo, staying out a week and hauling ass back home! :rockin:

I know about shake out in boulder, co where else should I try and what should I try to bring home (dunno if my buddy will let me bring much back in his new ride :drunk:

Thanks in advance!

Bret

Get the app Find Craft Beer!
$.99. A lot less than the 911!

I can second Odell Brewing, they make a perfectly balanced IPA and porter aged in fernet barrels. If you like porters and stouts but don't like how they seem to end up tasting like a chocolate bar or a Starbucks machiatto, their fernet aged porter is for you.

If you get a chance to travel to the Collegiate Peaks area (Chaffee, Gunnison County) try Eddyline Brewing Co. in Buena Vista. I helped open the place back in 2009 and they've really grown up. Their black lager (schwarzbier) actually tastes like a lager rather than a stout. They also source a large portion of their ingredients locally and offer gluten free, wood fired pizzas if you're into that sort of thing. Amicas in Salida is nearby.

In Denver, Strange Craft Beer Co is pretty wild using all sorts of uncommon ingredients. You won't like half of the beers offered at any given time, but the ones you like, you'll love.

I've had odells ipa (good) I had a crank Yanker from eddyline and it was good, I've been trying all kinds of different stuff. I liked shake chocolate porter from Boulder on the nitro tap.

I've been to red Rock, went skiing in the mountains went to 16th St mall today and tonight going to a NBA Denver nuggets game. It's been fun so far!

Latest posts

Back