go f yourself, califronia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that sucks in Cali is the people.

I have never met so many stuck up snobs, taking pride in **** they have no claim to.

People suck everywhere, CA is no different. Different parts of a state/area will suck more, or less than another... It's all relative.

Just like I think as you get further away from MA, people suck less... The line seems to be about 30 minutes from the border... After that, people are MUCH nicer... At least when heading north. As for Boston, at least 95% of the people there suck like [super massive] black holes. :eek:

You guys got it all wrong...California is called the Golden State for a reason. WE HAVE EVRYTHING-that's why so many people MOVE here in the first place. Californians are great people...we grow up envious of no other state, why would we? Now, all the deckheads that move here and act like they own the place should just go back to their home states.

The funny thing is, I've never heard anyone say, "I can't wait to move out to Wisconsin and make it BIG" or "Man, we should go to Mukwonago,WI for Spring Break next year"...Or "I'm sick and tired of all these smoking hot girls in Newport Beach" The beach boys didn't write a song called "Wish they all could be Wisconsin girls"

I gotta vote for Vermont if it's quality Cheddar we are talking about. If you want a lot of it for less, then Wisconsin. I've had some really great Vermont cheddar though! mmmm! :)

There is a cheese emporium near me that boasts 150 types of cheese. Turns out it's mostly cheese "Products" though. I asked the guy what their Cheshire was like (Meaning if it was any good) He said "It's like an English version of Cheddar." WTF!?......Turns out most of his cheese was as crappy as his cheese knowledge. Never been back there. I can get better cheese at Sam's Club and Trader Joes than that so called cheese shop.

So, what was I saying? Oh yes! +1 for Vermont! :D

You guys got it all wrong...California is called the Golden State for a reason. WE HAVE EVRYTHING-that's why so many people MOVE here in the first place. Californians are great people...we grow up envious of no other state, why would we? Now, all the deckheads that move here and act like they own the place should just go back to their home states.

The funny thing is, I've never heard anyone say, "I can't wait to move out to Wisconsin and make it BIG" or "Man, we should go to Mukwonago,WI for Spring Break next year"...Or "I'm sick and tired of all these smoking hot girls in Newport Beach" The beach boys didn't write a song called "Wish they all could be Wisconsin girls"

Meh. My parents' neighbor moved out to CA and now hates it; he's in the process of moving back to WI.

Both my parents moved here from the east coast for school since UW is one of the best university systems in the country and ended up staying here; in fact, there are lots of people from the east coast who settle in Wisconsin, either staying on after school or moving here to get away from the fast-paced life of the coasts (I guess). I've never been to California but I don't have any interest in going there either apart from visiting a buddy who moved there 15 years ago. He's a private chef and has some good stories about crazy Californians.

I don't really care about state vs state bs but if I moved somewhere it would be to Virginia, since my mom's side of the family is from there and it's a great place.

yeah, yeah, yeah I have had some darn good aged Wisconsin cheese and yes as far as cheddar it is awesome. Can't say I have had any other Wisconsin cheese though.

Also, I don't think I have had 10+ years aged californian cheese to compare either though. Also Tilamook makes descent stuff, not the best but pretty good for Oregon.

I was born and raised is SoCal (Orange County) to be exact. I come from a middle class single mother household. I was out of the house at 18, running a Chipotle mexican grill at 23 working 65 hours a week driving 2 + hours a day to and fro work. 26 miles each way.

I moved to Az in 2006.

Ca has very very very very very dirty air. just driving back into Ca on the interstate 10 approaching Palms springs you can see the cloud of black air.

Ca has a chit load of traffic EVERY WHERE no if ands or buts about it.

Ca has poor gun laws

in SoCal you can't see any stars at night unless you get out in the mountains or Desert.

I was renting as apt on the 3rd floor for $1700 a month

I own my own home in Az had it built and my mortgage is $800

would I ever move back to SoCal not as long as my kids are at home with me.
do I miss it, I miss friends and family I don't miss the crappy traffic, crappy air, and stuck up people.

[/endrant]

-=Jason=-

Born, raised, and live in the napa valley, CA (Wine country)

I agree with the OP.. F Cali.

I cant stand the presumptuous, pompous asses around here, pushing their special interest agendas on everyone.

Not to mention the gun, zoning, tax and other state laws so screwed up that lawmakers cant even tell legal from illegal.

Unfortunately, we really can't move, yet. But the wife, and I are ready to get the hell out of dodge.

funny thing - the only people i hear saying "I can't wait to go to Cali and make it BIG!" are either local "rockstars" or waitresses wanting to "work their way into a movie"

i guess i should have expected this to become an all-out WI vs CA thread, even tho it was supposed to be about cheese, with a comical ron burgundy title for comic effect

oh, mmtg, have you "made it BIG" in cali yet?:rolleyes::cross::)

funny thing - the only people i hear saying "I can't wait to go to Cali and make it BIG!" are either local "rockstars" or waitresses wanting to "work their way into a movie"

i guess i should have expected this to become an all-out WI vs CA thread, even tho it was supposed to be about cheese, with a comical ron burgundy title for comic effect

I'm just defending the state I was fortunate enough to be born in....I already agreed that WI has the better cheddar! I'm Sorry if I took offense to someone using a "cute" Ron Burgundy quote to bash my home state...

A very good friend of mine received his doctorate from UW-Madison, and trust me, he and I have had this CA vs WI debate many a drunken nights. I always settle the argument by saying,"So WHY do you live/work in CA if WI is so damn great?!"

So to answer your question Motobrewer, have I "made it big" In California(only deckheads call it cali btw) I'm sure trying my best! Graduated from college, became a medic,and started my own business 3 yrs ago. Working my way towards obtaining a nano brewery license next...I love California and only know where the hell Mukwonago,WI is because I've driven thru there. Sorry If I offended any cheese heads with my love of The Bear Republic.:mug:

dude, the OP was just talking about cheese. clearly wisconsin sucks. but who knows, maybe they have better cheese. for the record, LA is a terrible city, one of the worst, and the people there are DICKS, but hey, maybe they make good cheese

dude, the OP was just talking about cheese. clearly wisconsin sucks. but who knows, maybe they have better cheese. for the record, LA is a terrible city, one of the worst, and the people there are DICKS, but hey, maybe they make good cheese

sorry, i quoted the wrong person, but either way, it's effin cheese

no one posted that garbage b/c it's a rip off of Biggie's song "Goin' Back to Cali". No one gives an eff about LL Cool J, really

Uhhhh, you do realize that LL Cool J did it first, right? I'd hate for you to be embarrassed by something like that, since it's so obvious.

no one posted that garbage b/c it's a rip off of Biggie's song "Goin' Back to Cali". No one gives an eff about LL Cool J, really

God damn I can't believe how ignorant people are in this thread. This sort of takes the cake, though. I mean despite how people are calling everyone in CA a stuck-up snob like there aren't snobby people anywhere else in the world.

Uhhhh, you do realize that LL Cool J did it first, right? I'd hate for you to be embarrassed by something like that, since it's so obvious.

i misstated when i said it was a ripoff. i meant it as in comparison to biggie, not as a timeline. clearly biggie's version was much better, which was the point i was trying to prove

God damn I can't believe how ignorant people are in this thread. This sort of takes the cake, though. I mean despite how people are calling everyone in CA a stuck-up snob like there aren't snobby people anywhere else in the world.

i don't understand your statement, therefore, i cannot properly respond to you. My original point was that LL cool J is not good and has nothing to do with this thread, thus, no one would need to post an LLCJ video. I'm sorry i offended you, however, IMO, LA as a whole is way overhyped and not really that enjoyable. I enjoy other parts of california tho. I will admit that i like Pink's and Carney's which is relevant to this convo b/c they put cheese on their food.

I'm just defending the state I was fortunate enough to be born in....I already agreed that WI has the better cheddar! I'm Sorry if I took offense to someone using a "cute" Ron Burgundy quote to bash my home state...

A very good friend of mine received his doctorate from UW-Madison, and trust me, he and I have had this CA vs WI debate many a drunken nights. I always settle the argument by saying,"So WHY do you live/work in CA if WI is so damn great?!"

So to answer your question Motobrewer, have I "made it big" In California(only deckheads call it cali btw) I'm sure trying my best! Graduated from college, became a medic,and started my own business 3 yrs ago. Working my way towards obtaining a nano brewery license next...I love California and only know where the hell Mukwonago,WI is because I've driven thru there. Sorry If I offended any cheese heads with my love of The Bear Republic.:mug:

i don't care about any of that. i'm not really interested in "making it big" at all, I just want to raise my family right. my only point to this was that kali can stop running those heartwarming "real california milk" ads and where kali farmers are tearing up talking about their farm history. 3rd generation? wooo....i know a bunch of farmers in wi whose families started raising cattle since before wi became a state in the 1800s. i'm sure california has good cheese. i'm sure oregon has good cheese. but if you want great cheese, hit up the, you know, "cheese state".

i've been offered jobs in socal, which i've promptly turned down. i've been to sacramento and the bay area a few times on business, and to be honest most Californians seem to talk with an air of "eh, we're a little bit better than you". to say that the entire population of LA is full of arrogant d-bags is a stretch, but i bet the arrogance per capita is greater than other areas.

arg, now i pulled myself into the general CA vs WI.

i don't care about any of that. i'm not really interested in "making it big" at all, I just want to raise my family right. my only point to this was that kali can stop running those heartwarming "real california milk" ads and where kali farmers are tearing up talking about their farm history. 3rd generation? wooo....i know a bunch of farmers in wi whose families started raising cattle since before wi became a state in the 1800s. i'm sure california has good cheese. i'm sure oregon has good cheese. but if you want great cheese, hit up the, you know, "cheese state".

i've been offered jobs in socal, which i've promptly turned down. i've been to sacramento and the bay area a few times on business, and to be honest most Californians seem to talk with an air of "eh, we're a little bit better than you". to say that the entire population of LA is full of arrogant d-bags is a stretch, but i bet the arrogance per capita is greater than other areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest most Californians seem to talk with an air of "eh, we're a little bit better than you". to say that the entire population of LA is full of arrogant d-bags is a stretch, but i bet the arrogance per capita is greater than other areas.

Hmmmm. Sounds like a perfect description of Illinois residents and their attitude towards us Cheeseheads........

There are plenty of mono-toothed fat slob retards in Ohio that are totally arrogant about their superiority over others. I'm not sure it has anything to do with what state you live in. ;)

Ohio is like a hedgehog. Insignificant, easily ignored and covered with pricks. ;)

Wow! You should know by now that CA is the #1 food and agricultural producer in the nation..Also, that CA is the #1 dairy sate in the nation. So thats why you see those ads about CA Milk.

I never even said anything bad about all the cheese heads in WI...I've traveled all over this awesome country of ours and I've found one thing to be true. Most people I've met have a certain "vision" of CA...some of it true, most of it false. But the majority of the people would love to come to CA and see it for themselves(especially girls!)

But hey,I guess you're an expert on all the people in CA. I've lived here my whole life, and YES I've met some real ashholes over the years. I've also seen some of the most unselfish, amazingly generous people throughout the state both working and in my private life. I can also say the same thing about any other state.

Seventeen miles? Seriously????? You couldn't find a place seventeen miles further north? You must feel awfully dirty. So close, yet so far. Expatriate or not, you're still a FIB by seventeen miles.:p

Hey, Bernie...

Help me out here. What, exactly, is an "FIB"? Before we moved to northern Illinois, I worked in Dallas, Texas and we lived in Plano, Texas. I had about 16 miles to drive to and from work. Just to fricken far! So, when we moved here, we bought a house 3/4 mile from work. And that's why I didn't buy a place in southern Wisconsin!

Do I feel dirty? Yup. Am I really...r-e-a-l-l-y an Illinoisian? Nope. Nor am I a Texan, although my oldest daughter has become one! I'm just an old Wisconsin boy displaced by work, and hoping to get back home...and enjoy the goodness of Wisconsin cheeses, brats and beers.

glenn514:mug:

Hey, Bernie...

Help me out here. What, exactly, is an "FIB"? Before we moved to northern Illinois, I worked in Dallas, Texas and we lived in Plano, Texas. I had about 16 miles to drive to and from work. Just to fricken far! So, when we moved here, we bought a house 3/4 mile from work. And that's why I didn't buy a place in southern Wisconsin!

Do I feel dirty? Yup. Am I really...r-e-a-l-l-y an Illinoisian? Nope. Nor am I a Texan, although my oldest daughter has become one! I'm just an old Wisconsin boy displaced by work, and hoping to get back home...and enjoy the goodness of Wisconsin cheeses, brats and beers.

glenn514:mug:

Wait a second. You say you are a native Cheesehead, yet you don't know what a FIB is??? I call shenanigans!

You do realize, I hope, that this is all in fun..........:)

Wow! You should know by now that CA is the #1 food and agricultural producer in the nation..Also, that CA is the #1 dairy sate in the nation. So thats why you see those ads about CA Milk.

I never even said anything bad about all the cheese heads in WI...I've traveled all over this awesome country of ours and I've found one thing to be true. Most people I've met have a certain "vision" of CA...some of it true, most of it false. But the majority of the people would love to come to CA and see it for themselves(especially girls!)

But hey,I guess you're an expert on all the people in CA. I've lived here my whole life, and YES I've met some real ashholes over the years. I've also seen some of the most unselfish, amazingly generous people throughout the state both working and in my private life. I can also say the same thing about any other state.

you should know that WI produces more milk per square mile than CA...over 50% more. and they produce more cheese than CA, even before normalizing to sq. mi.

Back