Go electric they said, It will be fun they said.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admirable wiring in your control box. I will be getting some of those adhesive cable tie mounts. Those 2 SSRs on the DIN rail, I presume those are for the pumps?

The adhesive tie mounts made night and day difference on this project. I picked up a huge bag of them from Home Depot for $10. I kinda went overboard with them but it helped me alot. I kinda made pathways with them, went ahead and added zip ties to each one in a medium size loop. It helped organized the wires early on and I would choose the closed path to follow because wire ended up costing way more then I expected to pay.

Yes, the SSR's are mounted to heat sinks that slide and lock on to the din rails.

She's Alive! MUAHAHAHA!
20130321_220341.jpg

20130321_220409.jpg

Looks great. I am planning the exact same build and am looking forward to any updates. How do you like the products from Electric Home Brewing?

Looks great. I am planning the exact same build and am looking forward to any updates. How do you like the products from Electric Home Brewing?

Ebrew Supply parts have been great. Diagram was very easy to follow. Also their support is kick ass. Usually got email replies in less then 30 minutes.

Awesome. now get rid of those finger prints. haha but seriously will you be adding switch tags?

The finger prints drive me nuts. Early on I kept wiping it down and realized it was useless. .. I'll clean it after is hanging in the wall.

I do plan on adding tags here soon.

Sorry for the delay in updates work and family have kept me busy but I did make a little progress. I was able to mount the control panel recently. I will get in my RV Extension Cord in today so that I can reach the panel. I am very close to being done with the brew stand. Still need to weld some fittings for the site gauges on the keggles(HLT and BK). I think if i could ever sneak in about 5-8 solid hours of time in on this project I would be ready to brew. Here is the mounted panel: Yes... I still need to clean off the fingerprints :)
20130406_210821.jpg

Back