Gluten-free-newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbalist

Reaction score
As I hate being "that" person with the strange diet, it's difficult for me to talk about being gluten-free. But it does the body good, never been disease free for so long. Beer was the hardest thing to give up. There's a couple good ones out there, I'm really lucky to have the Fort Collins, CO-based "New Planet". All the darks come from Belgium, are millet-based, and cost $5.99/pint.

So here I go, armed with very little knowledge, jumping into yet another hobby, and trying to do some good.

I got Stephen Buhner's book: Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation. It's pretty interesting and has helped to simplify the process for my overly scientific and inquisitive (Dr. Vet Med) mind. So I started basic with a walk around my woods and a raid of the sweet stuff in my pantry. At least it will be gluten-free!

Thanks for any tips you might have brewing without gluten or malts!

Craig in Steamboat Colorado

I think your passion and discoveries will be a real asset to the forum- Welcome!

Back