Girlfriends....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finigan4710

Reaction score
I was brewing beer and my gf came in. I slightly cooled it to 105... I was rushed so I put it into the carboy ( it's 105 in the carboy). I'm going out to eat. I put the cap and airlock in the carboy without adding the yeast. When I get back I will see if it is at 70 degrees then pitch the yeast. Will this be okay? Also random question. There is always alot of sediment floatinin my yep et. Is this normal

Many people do this sort of wait-on-the-wort thing, so if your sanitation is righteous you ought to be OK.

Why did you have to drop everything when GF came in? Or do we not want to know? ;)

-Rich

When this happens to me I just have my wife pitch the yeast for me while I'm out.

During the brew, I had my girlfriend stir while I ran down to the store. Told her to stir every 10 minutes. She didn't listen and did it every 7, but nevertheless she did good.

hahaha... this thread is awesome. seriously though, i would have just made the girl friend wait. girls come and go, beer is forever.

When I was teaching high school I use to give this advise:

"GF's or BF's are like the city bus. If you wait an hour another will come along."

I truly believe there is more than one "right" person for everyone.

Back