Girl Scout Cookie beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmwolfe30

Reaction score
Hello All,

Has anyone used actual girl scout cookies in the brewing? My buddy and I want to do a few of them but was wondering if there has anybody that tried any and their results. What recipe did you use? How many cookies did you use?

We are thinking of doing a Somoa, a Thin Mint (milk stout base recipe) and a Tagalong Porter. Just wondering what expert opinions are out there in this great forum.

Prost!

:mug:

I think you would be better off deconstructing the cookies rather than just using the cookies outright.

A couple of them might not be too bad thou

That would be some expensive ass beer, and probably a waste of expensive cookies.

Break down the flavor profiles and go for those flavors. Thin mint, you'll go for mint and chocolate. Samoa, you'll go for coconut and some caramel and chocolate... Etc.

Theres a podcast called basic brewing radio, they just did an episode about using chocolate, candies, and coconut ect in stouts.

Might be worth a listen

I've heard of thin mints being used in a randall. I recommend you brew a stout then run it through a randall if you have the capability. Do you keg your beer?

I tried one called Naughty Girl Stout by Right Brain Brewery. I had very high hopes but was severely disappointed. I think that if done right, it could be very good. I doubt they used cookies either, but I would agree it may be better just to create the flavor.

Terrible waste of valuable ,extremely delicious, girl scout cookies:D

I'd try to duplicate the flavors instead, fresh mint leaves in the boil, for thin mints. For samoas, shredded coconut, mabye molases for a buttery caramel flavor. The chocolate flavor could come from chocolate malts, or cocoa powder.

Good luck, I like to hear people pushing the boundaries so to speak:mug:

So my daughter is a girl scout and I have almost 2 cases of Samoas (not boxes) left over from this year. I want to make a Samoa Stout. Ive heard both schools of thought, put them in the Mash Tun or boil kettle. Besides telling me to just eat the damn cookies, does anyone have a good recipe where I could use them? I fear the sludge so I was thinking of putting them in a hop bag, maybe a Randal after kegging. I've heard of breweries using cooked pancakes, but im not sure what the clean up looks like. please advise.

Back