getting things up and running again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swrittenb

Reaction score
i haven't brewed in a few years, and i'm starting up the brewery again, with the blessings of SWMBO. in fact, we're having renovations done to the house basement, and we've got an old bathroom that's being gutted; she's approved construction of a brewery/workshop in this space. what a gal - i love her! anyway, for the time being, i'm making apfelwein and wines in there until i get an AG system set up for boiling in the backyard, and storage in the new brewery room.

9797-apfelwein1.jpg

9797-apfelwein2.jpg

bless you for the apfelwein recipe, EdWort - this was a breeze to set up! for now i'm working out of growlers. i've got one 23 gallon carboy ready to go with a wine, but still need to stock up a few more plastic/glass fermenters. figure these will be easier to move when construction time comes!

i'd forgotten how nice that colour from a big glass carboy full of the sweet brew of your choice looks.. they just shine!

also, the cat was curious, so i got a nice shot of him .. overseeing things. :)

9797-braveulysses.jpg

Glad to hear you're getting back into it--your cat looks less than approving, though. Mine likes to swat at the airlocks when they're bubbling, rub his tail all over sanitized bottles, and has to sniff each filled bottle. Cats are so strange.

Funny you mention the cat - My dog is terrified of bubbling airlocks. I heard him barking in the kitchen the other day and found him staring down the airlock, with his "I'm really pi$$ed" neck hair standing at attention.

ah sorry, lost track of this thread! that was a cran cider, turned out much nicer than expected. very bitter, but not overwhelmingly so - lots of the cran flavour stuck around.

Back