Getting the lid off of my fermenting bucket.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadner

Reaction score
Is there any easy way to get the lid off of my fermenting bucket that I don't know about? I'd hate to struggle with the process if someone knows an easier way.

I use a 99 cent utility/paint bucket opening tool from your dollar or hardware store.

14opener-1-l.jpg

Loosen it by going 'around the world' rather than yanking it off all the way from one spot.

Check your lid. It should have about 8 places on the rim that need to be cut with a knife/razor. Some of them come pre-cut, some don't. ;)

Okay, so when my nutbrown is out of primary I'll cut those slits too. Doh!

I knew there had to be an easier way. It sure tore up my hands opening the bucket by pulling it off with my fingers. :eek:

I almost threw the buckets out and ordered some glass carboys!

It's a lot easier for a partial masher like me to pour my wort into a bucket instead of a little funnel. I like buckets and now that I can open them, watch out! I'm going to have 3 beers fermenting in about 10 days time. 1 now. 1 tomorrow and 1 next weekend.

No more dry kegs!

Back