getting my s**t together

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packman

Reaction score
Well I did a little drinking last Friday night and decided that I was ready to go all grain so I logged on to northern brewer and ordered 5 all grain kits. Well I have since been trying to get all my equipment together. I have watched youtube on building mash tuns and adding ball velves to kettles. I got my grains yesterday and now I am freaking out. I was wondering if a moment of extract consumsion has led others to all grain brewing?

Ahh, drunken purchases. Nice! I remember after watching Purdue lose to Duke in the 2010 NCAA tournament, and drinking 3 pints of barrel-aged imperial stout, I needed something to cheer me up. A few days later, 4 pounds of hops arrived on my doorstep!

4lbs of hops! That is a TON of IPAs....
I bought this crazy fermenter and luckily was able to cancel when I finally realized (after a few days) that I did it!

And AG is the best. Along with this site and you will be set.

Youtube mash tun and the first video is the best, I copied their exact supplies and made a great mashtun outta an old cooler, all grain is not hard and really is easier to boil because of less worry of caramelization. But usually you **** up a batch and learn, but hey when it cost you money you learn fast!

Youtube is a homebrewers dream, I've watched so many youtube videos id put it on a head brewmaster resumé if I were to apply! They really teach you a lot, and what better way than to watch it, not read it, reading can cause misinterpretations and usually the video maker is so indepth they leave no room for confusion

Back