German Nugget Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdr

Reaction score
So this might be a stupid question

Is there a difference between German Nugget hops and regular Nugget hops (which I read are American)? I got it in a random buy from nikobrew. Also got some El Dorado, Lubliner, and Herkules. Just unsure about the "German" Nugget hops.

I've tried searching but I'm still not sure.

I have a pound of it, and was looking to make some IPAs. I love nugget nectar from Troegs. Thanks!

So this might be a stupid question

Is there a difference between German Nugget hops and regular Nugget hops (which I read are American)? I got it in a random buy from nikobrew. Also got some El Dorado, Lubliner, and Herkules. Just unsure about the "German" Nugget hops.

I've tried searching but I'm still not sure.

I have a pound of it, and was looking to make some IPAs. I love nugget nectar from Troegs. Thanks!

So they're the same plant, but they'll taste different due to different growing conditions. I saw brew with them as you would use US Nugget and see which you like better!

Update: Emailed Nikobrew... here was the reply:
"The German Nugget is just grown in Germany. There is not a difference in flavor or Aroma from the Nugget grown in the US. They are from the same variety stock."

Makes sense that they may be slightly different due to growing conditions. I'll be brewing this week. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back