Generic Samuel Adams Perfect pint glassware??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsmith2154

Reaction score
I own a four set of the Samuel Adams perfect pint glasses. They are my go to for daily drinking. I am looking for the generic version without any logo or possibly have my own logo ordered. Libbey makes one close but more bulb and less flair at the lip. Is Rastal Craft master the closest? Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

I own a four set of the Samuel Adams perfect pint glasses. They are my go to for daily drinking. I am looking for the generic version without any logo or possibly have my own logo ordered. Libbey makes one close but more bulb and less flair at the lip. Is Rastal Craft master the closest? Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

I think those muffin top vintage glasses look pretty cool. Kinda of a shorter dumper version of the Sam glasses (which I like too).

iu

I have seen those and they are pretty readily available. But sometimes I’m too focused on something to really appreciate alternatives 😝

If you run your Sam Adam's glass through the dishwasher enough times you'll eventually end up with a plain one I would guess based on early tests.
I’ve had the set for at least eight years and only do top rack dishwasher. Attached is the glass with the least amount of printing left.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
Here is the rastal craft master one. Seems to be my best option but I can only find them with printing available on egrandstand, can’t seem to find any blanks for sale.
1592155490562.jpeg
1592155490562.jpeg

I’ve had the set for at least eight years and only do top rack dishwasher. Attached is the glass with the least amount of printing left.
Guess it'll take a bit more time than you might be willing to invest. My buddy's been doing the same but I'm not sure how far along his is. I just lost some of the labeling on one after a few washes but always hand wash since then. Labeling is still intact on the other three. Maybe it'll razor off with a paint stripper, perhaps with a long soak in ammonia or PBW or maybe even dishwasher soap.

Guess it'll take a bit more time than you might be willing to invest. My buddy's been doing the same but I'm not sure how far along his is. I just lost some of the labeling on one after a few washes but always hand wash since then. Labeling is still intact on the other three. Maybe it'll razor off with a paint stripper, perhaps with a long soak in ammonia or PBW or maybe even dishwasher soap.

One of my favorite glasses is the"Mine" glasses Northern Brewer offered (wished they would bring those back). I bought 4 of them and one of them is faded pretty bad compared to the other three because of the dishwasher. Now all my beer glasses get hand washed.

It will take a few hours, but you can use full strength Star San to remove the graphic from the Sam Adams glasses; and it will work on any glass, really. I use a q-tip and coat the graphic in star san, let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes, rub with the same q-tip to further loosen the paint, and then wipe off with a paper towel. It took me a few iterations of this process to completely remove the graphic.

Not sure whether it makes a difference to you, but just an FYI that the Sam Adams glasses have the etched nucleation points at the bottom of the glass, but the craft master glasses do not. I'd say the muffin top ones shared above are probably the closest in comparison for that reason, since those do have the same type of etching at the bottom (or at least the one I purchased at Weldwerks does).

I’m pretty sure the Sam Adams glass is patented.
Agreed. But, doesn’t stop extremely similar products from making it to market sometimes. Below is the glass that got me thinking about this. Now it could just be the screening removed but the shaping loooks slightly different to me.
1592399510226.jpeg

Back