G'day from Oz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynverted

Reaction score
Got my home brewing kit last week, and started my first batch on Thur. night. Everything seems to be going fine, & hopefully I will be ready to bottle about mid week.
beerme.gif

Thanks! Just noticed you're in Richmond, Va. I lived there for about 4 years on Williamsburg road near the airport. Small world. :mug:

I've been in Richmond for 2 years and Chester for about 6 months before that. Where are you now? We're trying to move back to the southside in a couple months.

Welcome to the boards, are you a native Aussie or a transplant?

I'm going to take a WAG and say you're a pilot, am I right?

In any case this is a great board with lots of helpful folks to get you through any crisis. Cheers.

Ha Ha, last I heard, my Ex was in Chester. Grew up in Northern Indiana, moved to Richmond for 4 years, back to IN. for 2 years, and have been in southern Queensland for two years now.

Flyin Lion, just a student at the moment, got a few hours in a C182, PA28, and a Jabiru. Wife and I run a flight school here in Oz.

Here's a pic of our C182

029.jpg

Our aeroclubs Jabiru

030.jpg

I reckon you're a pilot? What type?

Cheers :mug:

I used to be a flight instructor, but now I'm studying accounting.:(

I grew up in Michigan and went to flight school there, met SWMBO while in the Air Force and now I live here.

That Jabiru looks similar to the Symphony, any resemblance? How is the performance, comparable to a 172?

Wow, all I can say is: living in Australia, flying and making beer=the good life. You seem blessed.:rockin:

Jason

Not familiar with the Symphony, mate. Sorry. The Jabiru is a nice little hotrod, cruises at around 110 kts. Nice & light, all composite.
ththumbs.gif

Our flt school is on hold at the moment, can't get instructors to move to the bush, the ones that will don't get approved by the AOC.
thbah.gif
Almost more trouble than it's worth.

Wife has a Drifter (2 seat ultra light) Not enough beer in Oz to get me up in that thing.
theusa_naughty.gif
cookoo.gif

Nearlh 0430 & I'm pretty pished. Will p.m. you more pics tomorrow, If you want. Off to bed for tonight.

Cheers

Not familiar with the Symphony, mate. Sorry. The Jabiru is a nice little hotrod, cruises at around 110 kts. Nice & light, all composite.
ththumbs.gif

Our flt school is on hold at the moment, can't get instructors to move to the bush, the ones that will don't get approved by the AOC.
thbah.gif
Almost more trouble than it's worth.

Wife has a Drifter (2 seat ultra light) Not enough beer in Oz to get me up in that thing.
theusa_naughty.gif
cookoo.gif

Nearly 0430 & I'm pretty pished. Will p.m. you more pics tomorrow, If you want. Off to bed for tonight.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back