Gas dip tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chode720

Reaction score
I was working on rebuilding a keg I got as a present. When I pulled the gas in tube out, it was plastic and smelled very strong of pop syrup so I figured it was best to just replace it instead of trying to get the smell out of the plastic. So I threw it out and went to my LHBS a few days later. However, not that I try and put the new one in, it's too big. It seems like this keg had a smaller opening for the gas tube than normal.

Does anyone know where I could get other size dipped tubes so I can get this keg set up? I believe this was an old Dr Pepper keg, if that helps

Yeah; it seems there are two diameter sizes...

I have plastic ones and metal ones. The metal ones won't fit in the holes that the plastic ones fit into.

Was the new one you bought metal?

AZ_IPA said:
Yeah; it seems there are two diameter sizes...

I have plastic ones and metal ones. The metal ones won't fit in the holes that the plastic ones fit into.

Was the new one you bought metal?

Yes the new one was metal (I assumed they were a standard size). Where can I get the plastic ones

Looked at kegconnection and their recommendation is drill out the hole to accommodated for the larger diameter of the metal tube. I'm not sure if you can buy a replacement plastic tube. I checked my kegs and the gas inlet is 5/16".

Back