Gas Coupler for Liquid Side - Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heywatchthis

Reaction score
I'm in a pinch and have mis-placed (read::wife threw away) some barbed liquid-side keg couplers for a Corny keg. I have plenty of the gas-side ones.

Can I use them? They seem to fit and lock like a liquid side, and the insides/piping look the same to me. Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure the posts (gas vs. liquid) are a little different, that's why I'm asking.

:mug:

The gas does not fit on the beer side. The gas is slightly smaller than the beer side. If you get it on, it may be very difficult to remove it. (I know)

There's some dependency on the particular keg types, but if you have a "spare" empty keg, you may be able to borrow its Gas post and replace the Beer post on the filled keg, so you could then use a Gas QD temporarily...

Cheers!

No dont do that! (put liquid QD on a gas post or vice-versa) They dont actually fit properly, even if they seem to, and tend to jam on the post.

Guess how I know?

No dont do that! (put liquid QD on a gas post or vice-versa) They dont actually fit properly, even if they seem to, and tend to jam on the post.

Guess how I know?

You totally missed the "dependency on the particular keg types" preface, and that makes a huge difference between making things work and ****ing things up...

Cheers!

Back