Gala, Granny Smith, and Honeycrisp juices.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RealFloopyGuy

Reaction score
Just thought I would drop a line that Wal-Mart has a display of different apple juices for $2 per 64 oz bottle. They had Gala, Granny Smith, and Honey crisp varieties. 100% juice from concentrate. The granny smith almost tastes like a green apple jolly rancher to be honest. I got 2 of each to try out. I would assume that at least the stores in my region (Florida) would have it, but maybe all stores. The buyers tend to buy for huge sections of the company at a time.

I don't think I have ever seen regular jugs of juice in any particular type of apple, is this normal in apple producing regions?

We had them in wyo... now that the "apple season" is over those jugs went up to almost $4... they do have an apple pie juice right now for 1.50

I do agree with paying a little more for local, but I also take cost into consideration... typically I give the local guys a 10 - 15% leeway before going online or out of market...

I live in Florida, not a whole lot of apple production here. Locally for me would be hundreds of miles away. I was surprised when I looked at a list of top apple producing countries.

1. People’s Republic of China 33,265,186
2. United States 4,212,330
3. Turkey 2,600,000
4. Italy 2,204,970
5. India 2,163,400
6. Poland 1,858,970
7. France 1,711,230
8. Iran 1,662,430
9. Brazil 1,275,850
10. Chile 1,100,000

The list might not be exact, but China produces more apples than the rest of the world combined apparently. I will check the apple juice at Wal-Mart and find out. They just got it this week, so they might not have it out yet.

It is made of concentrate from China. It says it on the bottle. I am calling to find out what they use to make it taste like the different flavors.

Honestly, I don't feel any more uncomfortable drinking Chinese apple juice than I do American apple juice. It isn't like I trust either place.

I just looked at my local wally world and they dont have it yet :( I wanted to try and make some apple pie moonshine

Back