Funny site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starderup

Reaction score
Imagine someone following these directions carefully:
Pour the juice into a 5-gallon container. Boil the water and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool, then add the grape juice and yeast package. Securely close the container so that no air is released. Allow the wine to ferment for four weeks before bottling.

http://www.catalogs.com/info/kitchen/how-to-make-homemade-wine.html

They just need to add one thing.
After about four or five days, you should hear a loud pop from the room where the bucket was. The lid will probably be about 10-15 feet away from the bucket, and the walls and ceiling should be purple in color.

Funny.

I personally know how much pressure can build up due to a clogged airlock, which makes me wonder how much pressure can yeast withstand? I mean at some point you would think the pressure would stop the yeast from producing gas due to the external pressure. Kind of like your lungs blowing up a thick balloon, at some point the pressure in the balloon would be greater than your lungs could put out.

Funny.

I personally know how much pressure can build up due to a clogged airlock, which makes me wonder how much pressure can yeast withstand? I mean at some point you would think the pressure would stop the yeast from producing gas due to the external pressure. Kind of like your lungs blowing up a thick balloon, at some point the pressure in the balloon would be greater than your lungs could put out.

I know they can take enough pressure to blow the lid off a 5 gallon bucket!

Back