• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Delaware FS: Peltier Cooling Aluminum Block w/ chips and heatsinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njs170

Reaction score
I am selling a Peltier Cooling Aluminum Block (AL Block-300) for the stout fermenter (7.3 and 12.5 gallon). I am including the block with two high quality peltier. These chips are much better then the Chinese junk one can get from e-bay. I attached a PDF with the specs of the peltier chips. Also two heatsinks. The block were tapped to fit a larger heatsink but the tap broke in the block and is still there. I will include an extra small heatsink and fan that matches the smaller one. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you for your time.

$115 shipped

Alum Block from Stout is $94.99 plus shipping
Heatsinks are ~$20 Each
Peltier Chip are ~$15 Each
Total $164.99 with out shipping

From Stout's site
"The most cost effective way to actively cool your home brew fermenter - and the most sanitary as well!

With this "Do It Yourself" kit you can save thousands of dollars compared to buying an off the shelf fermenter with this same capability.

Cool your fermenter without a refrigerator using solid state peltier chips. We've machined the aluminum blocks so you can easily make your own DIY peltier cooled fermenter. A peltier chip is a solid state chip that runs on 12VDC and gets cold on one side and hot on the other.

By mounting a peltier chip onto our aluminum block and using a common CPU fan to pull heat off of the hot side of the chip, you can provide excellent temperature control. Each aluminum block can support two peltier chips (CPU Fans and peltier chips are not included).

One block with two chips will support typical ale fermentations and pull a 7 gal. fermenter down by about 10 to 20 degrees (depending on the quality of your chip, insulation, fans, etc.). For lagers and cold aging, two blocks with 4 chips will perform twice as well.

Peltier Kit for For Stout Tanks and Kettles Fermenters only (7.3, 10, 12.5 gal size with approx. 11.8" diameter). Will not work with any other fermenter. Not compatible with "short" or "wheeled" 7.3 gallon fermenters.

We've been able to achieve 35+ degrees of cooling using 2 blocks with 4 chips (89F to 90F ambient and 51F to 52F in the fermenter) with 6 gallons of wort. (We can't guarantee the same results for you because of all the variables, but we're quite happy with our results!)
One block is probably adequate for a 5-6 gal. batch of ales and two blocks are likely needed for lagers - unless you have a cool space for the fermenter, in which case you may be able to later with only 1 aluminum block."

IMG_20161128_102144790.jpg

IMG_20161128_102151532.jpg

IMG_20161128_102214554_HDR.jpg

View attachment TM-127-1_4-8_5 specification.pdf

I'm interested in this , what else is needed to get this fully functional? How well did this work cooling your conical?

Back