Fry Daddy!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
My buddy just had his colerterol checked and chucked his fry daddy. Being obsessed with brewing I dug it out of his trash can and took it home plugged it in and found that it keeps 150 degrees quite well!:rockin: YUS! It's only about a 2 gallons tops but if I'm steeping some grains for an extract brew I think it'll do well. Has anyone else used a Fry Daddy (well, not Fry Daddy but works just the same) to keep a certian temp? (I am also thinking I could use it in my AG system to keep the MLT heated. Just toss a coiled copper wort chiller in it in line after the pump and it could keep the temp where I want it. I want to use coolers if I can, harder to scorch if there isn't any flames or direct heat...) I know I'm not the first to think to use a fry daddy in a brew system. What might be some pros/cons that anyone can think of.

Cons? Not big enough for AG.
Pros? Really good for pre-cooking oats, rye, wheat, etc.

Latest posts

Back