Fruit beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyP161

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking at replicating a few beers I’ve had on my travels. Santa Fe Brewery, has a beer called Social Hour. I also drank a similar beer from Southern Pines Brewery, in NC., called Tiki Dreams. I’ve flavored a few beers before, but these beers seem abit more complex. Is anyone familiar with these beers or tried to replicate them? They were delicious!

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
No experience here, sorry! I did check them out though and the Social Hour sounds delicious! The profile is definitely in my range of preferences for beer. I’d love some ideas as well!

I've never tried them , but they do sound tasty . I'll take a stab . If I were to brew these this is what I'd go with .

Social hour clone
2 row
Wheat malt
Flaked wheat
Flaked oats

Hop wise this is a low IBU beer.
Denali , EL Dorado , Azacca, Medusa .
These are late additions. Like 5 minutes for Denali and the rest flame out .

I'd toss in coriander , orange peel (McCormick) is what I use around 5 min

This beer said hints of banana if I read it right. So maybe a Hefe yeast , or just stick to a Wit yeast .

As far as the Tiki beer . That to me is a milkshake ipa with a very low IBU as well.

2 row
Munich
Flaked oats
Flaked wheat
White wheat

1# of lactose at 5 min . Mosaic at the end then I'd WP mosaic , Citra and Idaho7 .

Add the puree and vanilla beans scraped at the end of fermentation. Maybe even dry hop .Add tad of a good coconut extract during the packaging . Go little on that , you can always add more .

Back