Fruit added to secondary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbass1968

Reaction score
I added some fresh frozen fruit to my secondary fermentation, its been 10 days still with a bubbling airlock. Seems at times its real slow, Its not a constant bubble every 10-15 seconds kind of action. Sometimes it's like minutes befor I see it burp. I was expecting to be able to bottle by now. any thoughts or ideas on how long itll take to stop?

Airlock bubbles are to entertain the brewer. Hydrometer readings determine if the beer is ready to bottle. Take one reading today, take another on Saturday. If they match, bottle. If they don't match, go back to watching the airlock and take another reading on Monday or Tuesday.

Airlock bubbles are to entertain the brewer. Hydrometer readings determine if the beer is ready to bottle. Take one reading today, take another on Saturday. If they match, bottle. If they don't match, go back to watching the airlock and take another reading on Monday or Tuesday.
Thanks! I was contemplating that, but some sites and people say the opposite....hmmm, what to do???

Latest posts

Back