Frosted mini wheats in Hef?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getnit

Reaction score
What would be the down side to adding frosted mini wheats to the hef brewing process? More Sugar? higher Alcohol? It would be with in reason. 1-3 cups some where in there. just curious going to try in the next brew..

Extract - coopers Wheat

5 Gal Batch

Yeast WLP320

Primary and Secondary

Haha, my kind of guy. I love doing silly things in beers, cheerios, pecans.... Now bacon, that I'd love to try. Baconbrau

I don't know if you'll really get anything out of the mini-wheats except a great story.

Are you talking AG or extract? I think this might work depending on what's in the cereal. Any preservatives would make it a no go.

Way to think out side of the (cereal) Box. :mug:

If you were doing all-grain or partial mash I think it could work, but all extract would just add some sugar, but also a starchy mess. None of the actual wheat will get converted. Just the frosting and the little bit of sugar in the cereal.

Granted both cereal and beer are excellent for breakfast, but I still enjoy them seperately.

You would get a very, very small increase in the ABV, as the sugar in the frosting would ferment out. The shredded part might add a slight toasty flavor, if you steep it.

Back