Fremont Interurban IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_Bastard

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clone type recipe of this tasty beer? Would love to beer a beer that taste close to this.

From the Fremont Brewing site:

2-Row, Munich & Honey malts with Chinook, Centennial & Amarillo hops. 6.2% ABV

:ban:

Yes I saw that too. So it if we're to make a 5 to 5.5 gal batch how much grain would you recommend and what do you think about boiling time & temp etc. someone must have made this beer? Wouldn't you think?

I'd probably try to end up in the 1.011 to 1.009 range for my FG which would mean having enough grain to get you at about 1.060 OG (assuming you want 6.2% ABV). I'd mash at about 150*ish. Shoot for 60 IBU's for a BU:GU of 1.

I've never used honey malt before but I've read that its best not to go above 5%. So maybe something like this for your grain bill:

75% 2row
20% Munich (probably light)
5% Honey Malt

Fremont use Wyeast Thames Valley Ale yeast. I'm sure 1056 or 1272 would work as well.

While I really like Fremont's beers and they've become pretty popular in the Seattle craft scene, I don't think they have that large of a distribution. Most of the Beer Advocate reviews seem to be Seattle locals or trades. So its probably difficult to find actual published recipes.

Good luck though! Let us know how it comes out. I might have to give this a whirl as well.

Back