Frementation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonbear

Reaction score
Hi I'm brewing American bock from true brew today is the third day of fermentation and I no longer see bubbles in the air lock. It was going pretty good this morning the temp is about 67.5 did something happen to the yeast or is that normal, the instructions said it should ferment about 48 hours. Any help is appreciated this is my first brew

An airlock is not a representation of fermentation. You can have a whole fermentation cycle happen without one single bubble.

Depends on the yeast and how tight the seal is on your fermenter. While active fermentation may appear to slow down after a few days or so it can take much longer for those last few points to be chewed up by the yeast.

Sucks I know but it is better to leave it alone for at least 2 weeks for a low gravity beer and longer for a higher alcohol beer. On the bright side though once you get a pipe line going you will see that the beer left alone for longer tastes better.

Sigh saying that though I drank a green porter tonight just because it was killing me to taste it and see how it was doing

Back