Freezer Shelves...how much weight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munche

Reaction score
So, I am currently fermenting in a stand up freezer. Despite some issues with coils in shelves, I managed to make everything fit ok.

Here's the thing...I have room for 2 carboys. My fear is that I'll have beer chugging away and the shelf will collapse and make a big mess of everything.

Has anyone had experience using one of these shelves? Do you think they could handle the weight? Any ideas on how to reinforce it?

4560980593_6b872463d3.jpg

4560980607_43bc712077.jpg

Maybe a piece of plywood on the shelf to spread the weight around. Unless you're worried about where the shelf mounts to the sides of the freezer, in which case, I'd use some 2x2's to make legs.

Here I am running through lots of ideas on stringing supports up to the top and overlooking something as simple as just adding legs.

I think I'll measure/cut some boards and add them in to give me an extra layer of reassurance. Thanks! :rockin:

Back