Freezer Cleaner IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbysdad2006

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for a little help in making a freezer cleaner ipa of some sort. Here is what I've got in the freezer

0.5 oz Styrian gold
1 oz Centennial
0.5 oz Summit
0.5 oz Tettnanger
0.5 oz Chinook
0.5 oz Fuggle

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks

I'd lean toward:
Summit/Chinook 60 min
Fuggle/Tettnanger 15 min
Styrian Golding 5 min
Centennial dry hop

Others shall vary.

Unless you are making a one gallon batch you will need a lot more hops to make anything approaching an IPA. For a five gallon batch you need a minimum of six ounces in my opinion. You may be able to squeak out a pale ale, maybe Chinook at 60 min, half oz of centennial at 10 min, half oz of summit, centennial and Styrian Golding's at flameout. Not an ideal hop combo, but it should do the trick. Cheers!

I agree, you need a buttload more hops. Plus, out the ones you have, only the summit chinook and centennial are really geared for IPAs

IMO, the idea of a "freezer cleaner" IPA is flawed to begin with. Im guess these hops arent exaclty fresh, especially the opened 0.5oz packs. Even if you had enough for an IPA. the hop flavors would still be muddled and uninteresting. Good freezer cleaner recipes would be more along the lines of a brown ale or somehting

Back