Free stein!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctufano

Reaction score
EDIT: I should change the title of my thread to "I got a free stein" so people dont think im giving one away :p

My sister and brother in law live nearby and we never really hang out. I called my sister and told her we should all grab lunch this weekend, so today we did. I was checking out their new house and saw a beers stein sitting on a hutch in the kitchen and started checking it out, and they both said "hey, do you want that?" I looked up and said: uuhhhhhhhhhhh really? yes!

So, brought home with me and did a little digging. From what I've found, its #6 of its kind, made in 1988 (my grandparents gave it to them when they started dating back in maybe mid 90s, they got it from Germany when they had gone at one point).

Theres a saying on the back that reads "EIN GUTER TRUNK MACHTRLTE JUNG" that translates to "A good drink makes old young."

Pretty sweet first stein for my collection!

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Wow, that's sweet! Wonder why they were trying to get rid of it? Did they just know that you were really wanting to start an awesome stein collection? :mug:

Nah they just dont have a place for it and theyre not big into steins I guess. They know I homebrew and am into this stuff, so figured I'd be a better home for it

The inscription says "Ein guter Trunk macht Alte jung" ; your translation is correct. On the bottom it says "Handarbeit" which translates to crafted by hand.

Prost!

Back