• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California [Free] Mini Fridge Ferm Chamber - Added Wood Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Poggetti

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Fermentation Mini Fridge I'd like to see if anyone wants before I throw it away. I am located in the SF Bay Area. It's a mini fridge that I sloppily added an outward collar (8") that I am able to fit my 7 gallon brewtech bucket and 4 gallon anvil bucket in. The Brewbucket rests half in the original fridge, half on the collar, and the Anvil bucket rests on the compressor hump which I replaced the glass shelf with another piece of plywood with extra support. The Freezer panel is bent down, and the fridge and collar are mounted to a piece of plywood that has small casters.

I call it frankenfridge because it ain't pretty. But it works just fine for holding temps and has served me well for 2 years. I suppose if you spray painted the collar black it wouldn't look too bad. Can give some pics if interested.

Free to anyone willing to pick up. Let me know!

Toss up a pic...not too far away to consider this.

Good Morning! Here you go. Like I said, it's not pretty. The crafstmanship isn't great, but it works. You can get it pretty cold but the door doesn't seal up like new... there's a minor gap or two. But it holds reasonable california weather temps just fine. Plus I would be delighted to have it taken off my hands. I am in San Mateo, for reference on how far away you are.

456.JPG
20180822_203709.jpg

Thanks :) It's retired now. I scored a 110 bottle wine fridge where I can fit 3-4 big older fermenters at once for $200. Had been browsing craigslist for months and jumped when I saw it.

Smart idea considering they already have temp control built in. How low do they typically go? We keep ours at 55f, and I've never bothered to see how far it'll get down.

Latest posts

Back