Free DIY Drip Tray for Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm fairly new to brewing and I just upgraded to a new kegging system with 2 pin lock kegs and taps. I already had a full size fridge and I drilled my holes for taps. Then of coarse, I had to make me a few custom tap handles thanks to a few good write-ups on here. Ok, so on to what I discovered today....

So when I converted my fridge to a kegerator, I had to lose the crisper drawer, the plastic shelf on top of the crisper drawer and 1 wire shelf to fit the kegs like most people do. They've been laying around on my patio for a week or so and I didn't throw them away because i thought i could find a use for them. Turns out, that the bottom side of the plastic shelf that goes above the crisper drawer has nice tabs running lengthwise. I cut the shelf right behind the first tab with a circular saw.....

photo_1_2.jpg

Pre drilled holes in the tab and screwed it with machine screws the the fridge door....

photo_3.jpg

Caulked the edge to prevent drips from running down the fridge and there you go....It will actually easily hold the weight of 2 full mugs which is pretty impressive.

photo_2_2.jpg

I know this isn't as fancy as the stainless steel ones that you can buy online but for me, it works and it was free. I had everything I needed on hand. :mug:

I can relate, I'm in Alabama. I made the Power T from a base board block of pine and the smokey was a old figurine I've had since I was a kid. The bases are $3 table legs from Home Depot. I just hot glued them on top. Seem to be holding well so far.

Ok guys, I'm fairly new to brewing and I just upgraded to a new kegging system with 2 pin lock kegs and taps. I already had a full size fridge and I drilled my holes for taps. Then of coarse, I had to make me a few custom tap handles thanks to a few good write-ups on here. Ok, so on to what I discovered today....

So when I converted my fridge to a kegerator, I had to lose the crisper drawer, the plastic shelf on top of the crisper drawer and 1 wire shelf to fit the kegs like most people do. They've been laying around on my patio for a week or so and I didn't throw them away because i thought i could find a use for them. Turns out, that the bottom side of the plastic shelf that goes above the crisper drawer has nice tabs running lengthwise. I cut the shelf right behind the first tab with a circular saw.....

photo_1_2.jpg

Pre drilled holes in the tab and screwed it with machine screws the the fridge door....

I know this isn't as fancy as the stainless steel ones that you can buy online but for me, it works and it was free. I had everything I needed on hand. :mug:

I have so many parts from several fridges lying around that I will try to find something that might work! Thanks for the inspiration!

Back