Free console enclosure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi HBT,

The pictures below are of a console enclosure I had into my initial brewery build. I had every intention of putting a LCD touchscreen in it to control the brewery, but since migrated to a different control system and larger off-the-shelf touch screen.

This console is FREE to someone who wants it (caveat below) - just pay for the shipping from FL, USA. If you look at the cost of these, you will see they typically cost $150+. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00686NVHO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. A quick search shows them new at $190.

I added standard holes on the front for 5 dedicated controls: Power Light, Element 1, Alarm, and Element 2, and E-Stop. Dimples were made to add 2 additional controls if needed. There is one hole on the lower right side for a key switch. There is also a USB power outlet built into the right side (I'll include the power adapter feeding it!). There is a small hole in the back for a wire inlet, and 4 small holes in the base for mounting. I think this is big enough to easily build a brewery controller out of for a single or maybe a dual element.

Note that when I painted it, I sprayed it with a primer, then metallic, followed by a clear coat. These were both from the same manufacturer, but for some reason, the combo made the paint very soft, and it scratches off easily. Therefore I recommend the new owner strip the old paint and apply new paint. Manual or chemical removal should work fine. The original paint was sanded down so it should have a good base.

Caveat: In order to prevent the selection by first requester only (not fair since everyone comes on here at different times), please let me know what you plan to do with the console in your brewery. I'll pick based on that after 5 days, then let you know the exact shipping amount which you can cover via PayPal. Feel free to fire me any questions!

IMG_4200.jpg
IMG_4201.jpg
IMG_4202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested. This looks perfect for the new touchscreen controller I'm building for my eBIAB kit. I've been assembling pieces but have yet to find an appropriate enclosure.

I just picked up a second kettle and am looking to design a controller that will flexibly run both my current single vessel eBIAB and a two vessel configuration. This would be run by some automation platform. I'll give BruControl a look for this.

You can find my build thread at the link below which I'll continue to update as I complete the upgrades like this to the kit.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/637904/

Cheers
Metzen

Last edited:
Ah man! this would've been the perfect enclosure to use at the beginning of my build instead of my old plastic toolbox. Oh well! Thanks for the generous offer to the community BrunDog

Back