Forgot to add something...is it too late?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefjeremy

Reaction score
Hi Folk,
I just brewed a Wit, and it was meant to have orange peel, black pepper and coriander. It was a pretty hectic brew day and I just realized that I left all of that out. I pitched about 24hrs ago...what's my best course of action?
Thanks,
j

I'm a novice at this, but I think you can let the beer go through its primary fermentation, then add your flavorings on a secondary. From what I've read, the flavor works better this way, as the yeast is done after primary.
I'd love to hear how it comes out...I was thinking about a similar recipe.

I haven't ever tried it with orange peel, but you can make a tincture with the spices and pour that into a secondary or (gently) mix into your bottling bucket prior to bottling. Perhaps someone who has used orange peel more could suggest whether a tincture or a tea would be better for the peel.

I haven't ever tried it with orange peel, but you can make a tincture with the spices and pour that into a secondary or (gently) mix into your bottling bucket prior to bottling. Perhaps someone who has used orange peel more could suggest whether a tincture or a tea would be better for the peel.

+1. You would have to make a tincture as these were meant to be put in boiling wort in order to extract the flavors. If you simply added to cool fermenting beer, you would likely get drastically reduced flavors out of them.

Back