Forgot to add priming sugars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mennel

Reaction score
I bottled my Bass clone last night, but got caught up in whole process and forgot to add the priming sugar before bottling. So here's my plan... Open the bottles, put a carbonation tablet in, re-cap.

What do you guys think, will this work? Or is there a better way to go about this situation. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.

It'll work. What type of carb tabs are you using? With some of them, you need to add 3-5, not just one, to get proper carbonation.

Cooper's Carbonation Drops are the drops that I will be using. Anyone had problems with these?

Coopers drops are good. Use one for a 12 oz. bottle, two for a 20 oz. Just put a quarter on top of the cap so you won't bend it and open it carefully. This way you can reuse the same cap.

Those worked for me. I only used one per 12oz bottle. From what I was reading back when I had to use them, you have to use a couple if you are using the bigger bottles.

Awesome, thanks guys! I was worried my brew might have been ruined, but then I remembered to RDWHAHB. Cheers!

Back