Force carbonating multiple kegs simultaneously?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krid

Reaction score
Hi there.

I've been kegging for over a year and haven't run into this situation yet:

I have 3 kegs I want to force carbonate at the same time and was wondering if there is anything that makes that a bad idea. I have a 10lb CO2 cylinder, and a gas manifold that splits into 4 lines.

Normally when I force carbonate I just attach a new keg at serving pressure and let it sit for a week. Is there any reason you can't attach 3 kegs and let them sit for a week with the same result?

Thanks.

I pretty much always cook up ten gallons on brew days - whether a single batch or two. Typically it'll all progress at the same pace, so eventually I'll end up with two kegs that get processed in parallel. I have a separate cold-holding & carbonating fridge and routinely charge up two kegs at the same time ("set and forget" method, always). As well, if I brew two weekends in a row there will already be two kegs on gas in the same fridge. No problems at all...

Cheers!

done it many times....as it seems that all three kegs in my kegorator seem to run out at the same time;)

Back