Force carbing bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellmtbbq

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got back from vacation and have a coffee stout mashing right now. I'd like to enter this into a competition but I'd need to ship the bottles in two weeks... aka not enough time to bottle carbonate (7-10 days wouldn't be enough).

I obviously don't have a kegging set-up or a CO2 supply if I'm asking this... so is there a way I could force carbonate a bottle with 16 gram cartridges? I'm willing to go really ghetto. The cost of the cartridges aren't a big deal because it's only two bottles.

Any MacGyvers (or products) out there?

Thanks

Not that I know of. You would be setting yourself up for a bad injury. Bottles are not meant to take that kind of pressure.

I don't think your beer will be ready for the contest anyway. My experience with darker beers is that they need on the better side of 3 months to hit their sweet spot. Just plan it out a bit better next time.

Cbaddad said:
Not that I know of. You would be setting yourself up for a bad injury. Bottles are not meant to take that kind of pressure.

I don't think your beer will be ready for the contest anyway. My experience with darker beers is that they need on the better side of 3 months to hit their sweet spot. Just plan it out a bit better next time.

Alright.. I'll send the beer in regardless, because I have made this beer before and with the cold pressed coffee, it's best drank quickly.

Maybe I can find a friend with a CO2 supply

Back