for the lactose intolerant?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp

Reaction score
i wanna make cheese's cca but im lactarded.i tried to find malto dexterine at the health food store but they had none.so the sales hippie pointed me to lactobacillus acidophilus.the ingredients are:freeze dried unfiltered apple juice,maltodexterine,soy protein isolate,pure crystaline fructose,lactobacillus acidophilus,bulgaricus and bififdobacteria bifidus.big words that i know nothing about.anyone?:confused:

csp said:
i wanna make cheese's cca but im lactarded.i tried to find malto dexterine at the health food store but they had none.so the sales hippie pointed me to lactobacillus acidophilus.the ingredients are:freeze dried unfiltered apple juice,maltodexterine,soy protein isolate,pure crystaline fructose,lactobacillus acidophilus,bulgaricus and bififdobacteria bifidus.big words that i know nothing about.anyone?:confused:

Is your grammar really that bad? You don't believe in capitalization or spaces after commas?

Use Splenda or any other non-fermentable sugar.

I really don't know anything about this. But, I have to say, your post made me LMAO!

BTW, couldn't you just pop a Lactaid when you dink one, again I don't know anything about this.

Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of several bacteria in the genus Lactobacillus. It is in some countries sometimes used commercially together with Streptococcus salivarius and Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus in the production of acidophilus-type yogurt.

Lactobacillus acidophilus gets its name from lacto- meaning milk, -bacillus meaning rod-like in shape, and acidophilus meaning acid-loving. This bacterium thrives in more acidic environments than most related microorganisms (pH 4-5 or lower) and grows best at 45 degrees Celsius. L. acidophilus occurs naturally in the human (and animal) intestine, mouth, and ****** [1]. L. acidophilus ferments lactose into lactic acid, like many (but not all) lactic acid bacteria. Certain related species (known as heterofermentive) also produce ethanol, carbon dioxide, and acetic acid this way. L. acidophilus itself (a homofermentative microorganism) produces only lactic acid. Like many bacteria, L. acidophilus can be killed by excess heat, moisture, or direct sunlight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactobacillus_acidophilus

Sounds to me like something that we all strive to keep OUT of our beer... Lactobacillus is NOT good drinks.

csp said:
Yeah, most of that stuff is in the yogurt I eat...:D

I'm lactose intolerant too. But I'm usually okay with a little milk, as long as I'm not drinking a milk shake. I do okay with 8oz. lactose in 5 gallons of beer.

Use Carapils, the same amount that you would of maltodexterine.

wow....... Cheezy, I did not know that i was going to be graded on my grammar. I was just looking for a casual place to find an answer. But I suppose now that you are Mr. One-Hit-Wunder with your recipe you are now also a critic. BTW, I MEANT to misspell wonder. JIC. I don't need your help since you're on a high horse and you can't give a straight answer. BTW, I'm a journalist with a degree in English and Literature from USC. This is the Internet, not a thesis. If you want proper English, visit www.m-w.com/ -- Merriam Websters -- it is a fine resource for people like yourself who obviously have too much time on their hands to ridicule those of us looking for a decent hobby with decent people involved. Thanks to the others of you who continue to give encouragement and support. Your help is much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from all you again in the future.

My son is lactose intolerant - or lactarded as you call it, and we do give him lactobacillus acidophilus tablets almost everyday. It helps him alot with the side effects of any lactose intake. We still try to give him lactaid before he eats any large amount, but the lactobacillus acidophilus tablets work.

csp said:
wow....... Cheezy, I did not know that i was going to be graded on my grammar. I was just looking for a casual place to find an answer. But I suppose now that you are Mr. One-Hit-Wunder with your recipe you are now also a critic. BTW, I MEANT to misspell wonder. JIC. I don't need your help since you're on a high horse and you can't give a straight answer. BTW, I'm a journalist with a degree in English and Literature from USC. This is the Internet, not a thesis. If you want proper English, visit www.m-w.com/ -- Merriam Websters -- it is a fine resource for people like yourself who obviously have too much time on their hands to ridicule those of us looking for a decent hobby with decent people involved. Thanks to the others of you who continue to give encouragement and support. Your help is much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from all you again in the future.

First off, I did help by suggesting Splenda. Secondly, just because this is "the Internet" doesn't mean you can be sloppy. Hitting the shift key and the space bar occasionally is hardly asking you to extend yourself. I know a quadroplegic who can only type with pegs strapped to his hands, and he can type correctly. And yes, I really do know such a person.

well if my laziness on this board bothers you then do me a favor and skip my post, PLEASE! like i have already stated, i'm just here for my hobby. i have a boss,a mom and a wife, so i have all of the critics i'll ever need.

csp said:
well if my laziness on this board bothers you then do me a favor and skip my post, PLEASE! like i have already stated, i'm just here for my hobby. i have a boss,a mom and a wife, so i have all of the critics i'll ever need.

You are a bitter, angry person. Consider this the last and only time I try to help you.

csp said:

First off, if you're an English major, you would have had to try to pen something so poorly, and I have to wonder why ANYONE would do that. I mean, have some respect for the people that you are asking to answer your question. We're not talking about a simple grammar mistake here; it's a complete assault on the English language. We don’t expect perfection, far from it; but we DO expect that you at least TRY to communicate your thoughts clearly.

csp said:
BTW, I'm a journalist with a degree in English and Literature from USC. This is the Internet, not a thesis. If you want proper English, visit www.m-w.com/ -- Merriam Websters -- it is a fine resource for people like yourself who obviously have too much time on their hands to ridicule those of us looking for a decent hobby with decent people involved.

Yeah, WOW. I'm sure that it is safe to assume that the majority of people on this board are also educated adults. While internet shorthand can serve to make life easier it is mostly used by teenagers in chat rooms.

Again... WOW. :(

And was it absolutely necessary to whip your diploma out?

Well thanks alot for the English class. i have not been in your Country for very long.For what its worth ,my wife looked over my shoulder when i read Cheesefoods reply.i'm sorry if i talk like a kid or if i dont have superanglo grammer.my wife(the person who went to USC yada yada yada) jumped in here because she felt like some people were being disrespectful.butchering YOUR english?thats harsh.its funny when noboby jumped onboard when he bashed me.but as soon as i came back, all hell broke loose.i just wanted an answer, thats all. by the way if you ever want to call me out, just pm me.why do it in front of everone else?:( thanks alot,my first two days off in a month and a half and i dont even want to brew this cca anymore.

Internet drama makes my beer cry.

Sad thing is, though, I am "Lactarded" too (thanks for the new term :) ), so I was hoping to find out if this would be a problem when hitting the milk stouts, and such. I will try Beerific's suggestion with the Lactaid though and let you guys know.

I mean, unless this is not the appropriate forum for posting results of testing done on my own gastrointestinal tract ;)

My beer is crying as well.

csp- If you are still inclined to brew this beer, take cheese's suggestion and use any non-fermentable sugar that does will not interfere with your bowels. What you are looking for is something that will boost the FG, and hence increase the body. Also (and unrelated) the use of propper grammar makes the reading of a post much easier, and will result in more (and more helpful) replies.

coyotlgw- your lactardation will most likely be a problem when sampling milk stouts and the like. Fortunately, you will find that the vast majority of beer styles contain no lactose.

In closing: I have had a few tonight, and I am not at my regular computer with firefox and its spellchecker. I do not feel like pulling this post into MS Word and back to test for spelling. Deal with it.

- magno

Guys, (all of you) I'm a Moderator at a couple of Geek fora, and let me just interject here.

I like seeing some use of the space-bar, as well as the shift key. Even though this is the WWW, (World-Wide Wait!) any attempt at punctuation and spelling-grammar, is helpful!

Yes, some of you may notice, I never capitalize my name, when I sign out. Also, I don't believe in spell-checkers. If I'm not spelling correctly, it is MY fault!

steve <see, no CAPS! :D

csp said:

Nothing personal... just an observation here...

When I first read this I thought you were a kid in junor high or grade school trying to figure out how to make hooch . The youngsters tend to type like you did above, like they are texting. No capital I's, lack of spaces, typo's and etc.

We are not usually very friendly to kids trying to make hooch. Liability comes to mind.

Most kids are gutless and will not go into the local homebrew store to find; lactose, malto-dextrine and dextrose because it obvious what they are up to. They try hitting other places for this stuff like you did.

Typing casual is cool, just remember you might get ridiculed for it later. - OK

I've been on a real "be helpful" kick lately.... but I wasn't going to respond to this thread because it looked like it was written by a retarded high-schooler. I didn't think it would be a very rewarding question.

The internets are a two way street they are not simply a place to get questions answered. Why should someone do that for another anonymous stranger? Please... we have better things to do. We help to build community. And when some idiot posts up about hooching or asks some other ridiculous thing, you know good and well he won't be around for long... so helping him doesn't help us... it doesn't help me.

But then I saw that other people responded and it was hilarious.

Anyway, should I make fun of the guy for not using an em dash in his second post? :drunk:

Latest posts

Back