Foothills brewery to aquire Carolina Beer & Beverage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
For any of you familiar with the 2...

Foothills is the closest brewery to my home town, about 45 minutes away.. After discovering Fat Tire, Foothills was the first place that I experienced craft beer! I thought they were the greatest ever! haha.. Not that they aren't now.. but I just look back and realize their beers are "ok" compared to many others..

anyways..

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2011/01/31/foothills-to-acquire-carolina-beer.html

Interesting. I first had a Carolina Blonde beer at a Carolina Panther game the first season they played in Charlotte. I was told Mark Richardson (one of the owners sons) was one of the partners. They also had a brew pub restaurant a few miles away that the built near the intersection of South and West Blvd.

And an even bigger mediocre brewery is created. Of those Foothills is surely the best but they are pretty meh IMO. Best thing about foothills are their labels. Lots of better beer in the state from Pisgah, Mother Earth, Duck Rabbit, etc.

Back