Football (Soccer) World Cup, South Africa 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed watching the Paraguay v Italy game - tough conditions in a torrential downpour, but Paraguay played much better than I expected. Their defense was the definition of staunch. Coming away with one point from that match is a real victory for them.

Ya, it's such a shame it's being held in winter - Cape Town (my hometown) is cold, wet, windy and miserable in winter. At least the rest of the country still has pretty fair weather with clear skies etc, even if a little cold.

Re Green's mess up - a shocker but I feel for the guy. Still think they should have gone with Joe Hart but that's just my R0.02...

RE: the vuvuzelas; apparently this is something they do in South Africa and the World Cup is in South Africa. So this is what you get. There has been some talk on US sports shows about trying to ban it but I don't like that idea. This is their World Cup.

This may be the only time where it's a slight advantage to have tinnitus. Adding a few more thousand vuvuzelas to the chorus of vuvuzelas constantly blasting in my head makes it not that big of a deal.

The noise from those horns is taking all of the attention away from the games. Is that what SA really wants?

I tried watching some soccer replays last night, but there was a Britney Spears special on FUSE. A whole bunch of her videos back to back.

Thank you!

I like to have sports on in the background while Im at my desk working. And, I guess I can sort of get into the world cup soccer thing because it is such a big deal and venues "buzz" which is pretty cool.

I take this back...I wish to god they would stop blowing the damn gazoos! I now have to silence the tv and find a radio broadcast.

I know last year it was whatever you could get locally that wasn't available to winners region. But he'll I'd be happy with a bomber of fat tire if it's free. I'll be watching it on World Cup 2022

Latest posts

Back