Football Season

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd38

Reaction score
Football season is here, do you guys brew a special beer to enjoy on Saturdays and Sundays while your team is on. Just wondering cause I am thinking of brewing something for my families big saturday event. TX/OU weekend.

Ah, football season. Nothing like it.

I plan on brewing a rye APA to drink during Buckeye games. The name? "O-Rye-O State Pale Ale." Yes I know, I'm very clever.

See you in New Orleans! Go Bucks!

Football season is here, do you guys brew a special beer to enjoy on Saturdays and Sundays while your team is on. Just wondering cause I am thinking of brewing something for my families big saturday event. TX/OU weekend.

Gotta make a Red Ale for the Red River Shootout!

I'm trying to think of what to brew up for when we go tailgating to watch UCLA beat up on those longhorns again this year! ;)

I've got a belgian wit in primary now for the long awaited for FSU vs Oklahoma game sept. 17th. I will be in attendance along with the 83,000 other Noles fans as Florida State makes its return to glory!

I just started homebrewing a month ago. Will have a Fat Tire clone ready by mid september, and a brown ale getting brewed next weekend. I have season tickets to the University of Maryland and plan to tailgate with my homebrew. I only bottle currently. How do you guys manage taking bottled homebrew tailgating without getting a bunch of yeast into suspension??

We always have an insane amount of beer at our tailgates. I like to change it up a bit, so I don't have a dedicated "football recipe". Probably going to drink a lot this year since John Brantley is still the QB, and he has a real knack for passing the ball to the defense.

GO GATORS! I make up some kinda pale ale to have on hand for gameday for me and a blonde ale for the BMC drinkers. Later in the year it turns to IPA and brown ales for gameday.

Gameday Pale Ale I made for the first game is already tapped and might not make it to game day.

cd38 said:

Hook Em Horns! Glad to see another home brewer wearing the burnt orange. I've been thinking about the same thing, some good home brews fr the football season.

Back