Food Safe Heatstick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivertranced

Reaction score
Has anybody created such a thing? Most of those out there, including mine, have chrome-plated brass sink drain pipe for the body and PVC at the top. Mounting the elements directly in the kettle is a great option, but some may prefer the portability and simplicity of a heatstick.

My chrome-plated drain pipe does not appear to have deteriorated after 25+ brews, however the heating and condensating of the PVC can't be good even though it does not typically come in direct contact with the wort.

I believe you can buy a SS only drain pipe; I'm just don't know the best way to get around the PVC.

SSfoH3UcjYgG_wccqrgfGJsP5Jwb4tR1wIe3vjyeuXg=w276-h207-p-no

Bobby's solution - when it becomes available - will be vastly superior to the hodge/podge jobs I've seen on here and else where.

Had it been available when I bought my induction plate, I'd likely have gone a MUCH different route...

Back