food grade silicone adhesive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indulf

Reaction score
hi everyone! i'm new to this home brewing thing and appreciate all the info i've gained from the site.

i'm a little worried about my fermentation temps due to where i usually store my carboys. that being said i'm looking into some temp controls.

i happen to work in the HVAC/R controls industry, so i have that part figured out :)

my main question revolves around the temperature sensing components. i'm planning to use one of these to handle the blowoff/air lock duties as well as to give me a way to get a temp sensor into the wort itself.

of course the temp sensor will be stainless steel, but i'm wondering if food grade silicone adhesive will have any adverse impact on the fermentation process. i'm planning on using it to secure/seal the temp sensor inside a length of silicone tubing so the wiring doesn't come in contact with the wort.

if not food grade silicone then what?

thanks!

Back