Following first recipe, when to add ajuncts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prince87x

Reaction score
My first time brewing was from a kit so that was fairly easy. This time I have chosen http://beerrecipes.org/showrecipe.php?recipeid=991

My question is when should I add the clover honey and rice syrup solids? When I look at Midwest Supplies website it says "Note: If using the honey in your beer: Boil 30 minutes for a hint of sweetness, or for 5 to 10 minutes for more residual sweetness. Either way, it will increase the alcohol content of your brew." So based on this recipe, when would you add it?

As far as I knew sugars added to the primary are mostly fermented depending on what type of sugar and from what this is saying depending on when they're added to the boil makes a difference in residual sweetness? Is this only a thing for honey, because you add the DME at the start of the boil.

Edit: Well looking some stuff up even adding DME at different times in the boil has a big impact. The recipe doesn't seem to state when so I assume just at the beginning is fine.

Latest posts

Back