Fly By Seat of Pants Dubbel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgo737

Reaction score
So last week I made the CYBI Captain Lawrence Xtra Pale Clone. However, I decided to try to use some old Wyeast Belgian/Canadian Yeast. It was not active on the starter at pitch time so I switched to some S58 dry yeast. Well that Belgian/Canadian yeast is now active and I was trying to figure out what to do with it today. So inspired by the Xtra Pale American/Belgian approach, I was wondering what yall think about this simple recipe for an American Dubbel. I do not have any special B or aromatic. Will this simple recipe work? Do I need crystal or will the syrup hold its own?

6 gallon batch size
90 minute boil
1.067 OG
1.012 FG

12 lbs pilsner
1 lb D2 Candi Syrup
0.5 oz Simcoe at 90 mins
1 oz Simcoe at 1 min
Starter of Wyeast Belgian/Canadian Yeast

I have some Vienna, some crystal (120, 80, 60), choco, roasted barley, and black malt... Thoughts? Thanks...

If it was me..... I would maybe toast some vienna in the oven for biscuitness and then for a more "raisin" flavor add some of that 120.

Good luck in flying by the seat of your pants.

J

Latest posts

Back