Floating...seeds?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrocarbons

Reaction score
This is my third ever batch of beer, it's a Christmas ale that I used cinnamon sticks, orange peel and ginger pieces in the end of the boil. Today I pulled the carboy out and saw what look almost like small raspberry seeds floating in the liquid.

There aren't that many, and they're probably remnants of the ingredients I listed above, but I was just wondering if anyone had encountered this before.

Should I be concerned? Can I just pour through a sieve or coffee filter before priming and bottling?

(Yes I searched)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413732121.844048.jpg

Those are from your hops, must have used leaf type. I usually see that when I do.

Probably nothing. Like you said, likely remnants of one of your ingredients. At such a small concentration, I wouldn't even worry about it. What you DO NOT want to do is pour your beer through anything at this point. If you do that, you're going to oxidize it. Be sure to carefully rack to your bottling bucket (no splashing) on top of your priming solution. At most, give the beer a gentle swirl with a sanitized spoon after racking is complete - then bottle.

Good luck.

Great, thanks for the reassurance guys!

If it comes out anything like it tasted two weeks ago going from primary to secondary, it's going to be a tasty, tasty beer and I will gladly share the recipe.

rocking the carboy slightly just to agitate the surface can sometimes help the particles drop. I usually get some of these annoying particles as well but most of them are lost in the racking process

Back