Floaties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjward101

Reaction score
I have had a very light beer in primary for about 15 days now. I had been worried that my krausen seemed to be taking a little long to drop, but it looks like it has finally dropped. There are some floaties remaining though. It looks to me like it is probably bloated hop pellets. Is it okay to remove it with a sanitized strainer? I pan on going straight to keg after another day or two and priming in the keg.

The floaties are probably yeast. Just let them go. If you want, put that carboy in the fridge and leave it for a day or so to drop all the crud out of suspension before you rack to your keg. It is called cold crashing and should clear up your beer some. GL!

The floaties are probably yeast. Just let them go. If you want, put that carboy in the fridge and leave it for a day or so to drop all the crud out of suspension before you rack to your keg. It is called cold crashing and should clear up your beer some. GL!

this, or else just rack from underneath...usually just yeast rafts, though, and won't harm anything

Latest posts

Back