First two brews questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

Reaction score
Ok well my first two brews were a dunkelweizen and a hefeweizen and they have been in the bottle for a week, and i decided i would try one of each to see how they are doing. I believe that already they are over carbinated, because they are foaming up quite a bit. Should i toss them all in the fridge to make sure I dont get any bottle bombs or will they be ok as is.

By the way they both taste delicious =)

Thats about right for priming. Young beers will foam a lot in the begging. This is because the co2 that is building up has not had enough time to mix in the beer.

oh excellent. =) this is the first time i can actually say im having a home brew. God damn this is delicious =). I am now addicted to this hobby =)

They should foam less after there chilled. but wait until there done.

yeah well i have already been on that. My two primaries are full with a belgian blonde and an english brown ale. I will keep brewing as my carboys get emptied. I honestly want to thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge at this website.

I guess i didn't need to go to bevmo tonight afterall.

Back