First Time Water Treating - Gut Check

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdeCloner

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
First time posting, and first time treating water!

Making an IPA on Saturday and am planning to treat my city water with additions according to Bru'N Water. It's well water, and I received a water report from the department of health that had lab measurements of almost every ion. The water report balanced to within .3, so I think I have decent data going in. Before I do this, I was hoping I could get a quick gut check on the amounts and additions. Could someone look this over and let me know if I'm doing something grossly negligent to this batch?

I'll be fly sparging from a full keggle, so that's why my sparge volume is so high. These screenshots are for an 11gal batch.

Thank you!!

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 4.29.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 4.29.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 4.29.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 4.29.09 PM.png

I don't see any glaring mistakes. I use the actual sparge water volume even though the actual amount of water is larger and have never had any issues but cant see that what you are doing should cause any issues either.
Brew on! :mug:

Latest posts

Back