First time kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allenH

Reaction score
I just picked up 4 kegs from McEver Distributors in New Smyrna Beach for $116, the last pieces I needed to start kegging

image-1164420946.jpg

I cleaned them with hot water and a PBW soak, rinsed them 3 times, added a gallon of Starsan solution to each keg and shook the crap out of them, then pressurized to 15psi.It looks like I will need to get some o rings for one of them.

image-694175277.jpg

Racked my Centennial Blonde (my first all grain, cold crashed for 72 hours) into one of the kegs, hooked up the co2 at 20psi and purged twice. I still need to pick up a thermometer for the fridge. My question is, the keg kit I got from keg connection came with 5' lines, will they work or since I have time, should I just change them for 10'?

Along with full sets of O-rings and some keg lube, buy a dip tube brush and use it on those kegs before you put them into service...

Cheers!

I will pick up some o-ring sets, longer lines and keg lube this weekend. I wish I had thought of brushing out the dip tube, I guess the excitement got to me. I did push about 2.5 gallons of Starsan through the lines and faucet so hopefully this batch will be ok.
For non reconditioned kegs, they were very clean with minimal soda left in them. They all were under pressure when I bought them, the one that is leaking is leaking from the out post after I hooked it up, so I guess the poppet is sticking open a little.

Back