First Time Kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaffer1515

Reaction score
Hi All - I am a first time Kegger (Cornelius) that I won the keg and CO2 tank at a competition (thanks to a good beer ;-) I still need to buy the regulator and tubing, where can I get the best deal on the rest of what I need? Also any tips on kegging the beer or tips for carbonating would be great! Thanks for the help!

I got my new regulator off of Amazon...it was the cheapest I found anywhere. It is a "Kegco Premium Pro Series Dual Gauge Co2 Draft Beer Regulator" for 39.95 + 5.95 s&h. It works perfectly. The reg was all I needed so compair the prices to the kits as the kits may be cheaper in the long run

Another good one is kegconnection.com

I second Keg Connection.

Some advise... Get a Taprite regulator. IMO/IME, you won't regret going with a Taprite. I had another brand dual body regulator on my CO2 tank. Had issues with it, returned it and replaced it with a Taprite. Been going almost a full year with the Taprite without a single issue. :rockin:
Also, get 3/16" beer line, 1'/psi the kegs will be at. So, if you plan on 10psi, get enough line to have 10' lines. You can go longer, but I wouldn't go shorter. I would also get the double wall (5/16" red) gas lines. Get MFL QD's and such, and just use swivel nuts to connect everything up. Also use Oetiker clamps to connect the swivel nuts to the hoses. IME, many times better than the worm clamps (which will cut you and leak). Keg Connection has ALL of that.

Back